Thursday, December 4, 2008

Home Haircut

Hello all- I bet you've all given up on my blog, which is entirely reasonable as I haven't updated in approximately forever. But if you do happen to look at this- Hello!!!

I am supposed to be writing a paper that is overdue- but instead I'm finding all the ways I can to procrastinate. One of the ways I employed last night was getting my hair cut by my roommate. I was getting the time-to-get-a-haircut-mullet, and complaining about it, so laura offered to cut my hair. And it was actually doing quite well, until I decided I was going to do something with my bangs. Now it is definitely a "home haircut". I'm telling myself it's an exercise in humility.

In other news, I painted my room. YAY! It is now a dark green, a hue that my roommate jacquie called "like a turtle". I like that description. Someday methinks I'll post before and after photos for all your enjoyment.

Last Saturday one of my roommates got married, so now this Saturday we're having an interview with laura's brother, chris. I'm excited about this- I think chris is a nifty sort, and someone good to have after the roommate fiasco of yore. Here's the brief description of said 'roommate fiasco':

We interviewed and accepted this fella into the coop- and basically things didn't work out well. He told a disturbing story, and used racist, sexist, heterosexist and ableist language within the first two days he lived with us. He also seemed to be pushing boundaries and attempting to gain control in the house right away. So we told him that we didn't want him to live here anymore, and the long and the short of it is that he felt wronged and mistreated, and there was a lot of discomfort and unease in the house all around for a about 3 weeks until he found a new place to live.

Uugghhh... just thinking about it makes me feel yuckie inside. It was not a fun time.

But things feel good and safe and normal again at home, which is a blessing. Hooray for my happy house!

That's all I'm going to write for now. I lurves you all, and I hope to see you at christmas time!

-Rattigan

4 comments:

Kesineeee said...

I would love to see pics of before and after the paint job! And your haircut! How short is it, and what did you want to do with your bangs?

Also, that really sucks about that other dude in the house. Good thing he's gone. It is the worst thing ever to feel unsafe in your own living place. So I am happy things have settled again for you!

I miss you so much, and cannot WAIT to just talk to you, and catch up. There is just so much to talk about!

Love

Kesinee

Wulf said...

Dude, blog!

That roommate situation sounded incredibly unfun.
I'm thankful that when my roommate talks like that, he reacts quite well to a punch in the arm.

I also need a haircut, I've got my traditional poofy what-is-that-supposed-to-be going on.
I also just finished an overdue paper! Yay!

Hermit said...

Yay! Nope, dont I give up on blogs that easily, just keep checking like a fool utnil surprise! Hurrah!
Anyhow, I think you should make Jo cut your hair, she cut mine (I know! haha, she had VERY specific rules though) and it didn't fall into the homecut territory. Dont know her track record with short haircuts, but I vote you ask!
So when do you get back here for christmas!? I am sad that I missed you at church the other week (tis a curse I tell you)
Anyhow, I am excited for seeing you and everyone soonsoon!
Hermit

Kesineeee said...

well she does quite well with my hair when it's short. I mean, I never had quite as short of hair as you have had, but when I cut it short the first time, that was her! SO yeah. I recommend Jo as well! I. Cannot. Wait. To. See. You. All.!!!