Friday, September 12, 2008

Today, I shall blog.

The prof didn't show up for my religious studies class this morning, so instead of doing something academically productive with my extra time, I've decided to inform all y'all of my life. Which I think is an important and worthwhile endeavour, that I haven't been doing as of late (aka:as of ever). Soooo....My Life:

I am now living in E-town and going to the university (i've decided that i like the swedish word best- universitetet- said 'oohny-vehr (rolled r) shee-taytet'. i've also decided that i don't like capital letters). i'm taking english, feminist philosophy, religious studies and SWEDISH!, and i'm enjoying them all so far. however, i seem to have already messed up in my time usage somehow- i've already had to stay up late to get stuff done, which seems really odd because i also haven't been pursuing a social life at all, or wasting time on the internet or watching tv. hemmm... this is new for me. but i hope to get it worked out somehow, because i REALLY want this year to be different than my other academic years in terms of stress level. but anyway...

i'm living at a housing coop called the golden lentils lodge, which consists of a lovely old house that smells like activists, lots of plants, cozy couches, bulk organic foods, lots of composting and recycling, and 5 friendly roomates. it's pretty much ideal- the only problem is my room. i haven't been able to determine what it is about it, but i just get an evil feeling whenever i enter it, which is so inconsistent with the way i feel about the rest of the house. i think the problem stems mainly from one of three things: 1. the paint is horrendous. i think i'll have to take pictures and upload them. Dark green on two walls, deep orange on two walls. as an overlay on each, vertical streaks of blue, yellow, red and other colours i can't discern. i find them quite disturbing. 2. the only furniture in it at the moment is a bed, which belongs to the house. i have yet to get my own things from my room in calgary, and i think that contributes to a feeling of it just not being quite comfortable or friendly. 3. perhaps the room just had a bad experience. it will sound new age of me, but i've had experiences of physical places that seem to have a positive energy about them, and others where i perceive negative energy, and i think it has a lot to do with who lives, or has lived, there. so i want to find out who was in the room last, and maybe if something happened that could have affected the energy.

so anyway, i mostly want to know what's wrong so i can fix it. if it's the paint or the lack of furnishings, i can probably fix that. but if it's the room itself, i'll want to see if i can move rooms. anyway, i need to go and get to my next class. i love you all, and hope you are doing well!

-Ratty

8 comments:

Hermit said...

*faints
The Rat lives! Yay posting, me likeys and yes I wants to see pictures, the paint job sounds quite spectacular! That is so spiff sounding, where you are living. Is it in town, do you all cook and eat together etc.? Haha, it is something that sounds like it should exist out in a forest somewhere, not in the provincial capital.
Also yay school, I feel really strange not doing anything academic so far. I will get home and still have that nagging 'should be doing something else/better right now' feeling, but I dont because there is no schoolwork that is being neglected!
Anyhew, good things, and you should tell me yer phone number so when me gets my magical internet phone hooked up I can phone you and you can talk to me and jo and kes and it will be amazing!

Kesineeee said...

YAY you are aliiiiiiiiive!

OH my your paint jobiness sounds quite...charming to say the least! I am glad you are enjoying your classes! Ahh I need to update my blog too...but I don't even know where to begin!

I miss you tons, and love you even more! And yes, we should call you!

Wulf said...

Um, yeah, so that paint is evil. Demon evil. My room was a nice limey merigue colour before I painted it, and it made me feel weak like a kitten. It's nice to hear from you!

Hermit said...

P.S. Do you recall Joey (pretty sure that was his name) from the summer camp we did together, the one we thought was a girl. Well he auditioned for So you think you can dance in lehometown, saw him on zee video.
Anyhow, just spieling.
Hermy

Ratty said...

I DO remember Joey! that's really exciting to hear he was on TV! (I'm easily excited by these things). Did he get in?

Hermit said...

Oui, he is in the top 20 right now. Here is link to his solo piece thingy for you to peer at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEoOHEJjSUA&feature=PlayList&p=70F0D19542C2FD7B&index=7
Also, Amy Gardener auditioned, made it to the finals but got cut. Allie Bertram (don't know if she was a big name when you were around or not) also made it to the top 20 so have been following it on youtube.

Joelle Haney said...

Hey guess what! I met a girl you worked with over the summer at Naramata! She is a first year at UVic named Alex! She says hi!

Kesineeee said...

Dear Hannah. I miss you. I never talk to you anymore. That must be remedied, or I might die of heart failure. I love you. How are you? How is life? What are you up to? What is new? Will I see you at Christmas. Am I going to see you ever? I MISS YOU, LADY!