So I really ought not to be posting seeing as tis 12:37 in the morning, but I just finished reading all yon's blogzles and realised how awful it is that I randomly disappeared from basically everyone's life (except Nomad's, but that is kind of a different matter). So, a recap of life for the Rat:
I don't have a job. I've basically been lazing around the house all day for the past month, ridding the yard of dandelions on occasion, having good chats with my sister on occasion but mostly just sleeping till noon and doing nothing. Actually nothing. As in, sitting on the chesterfield, looking at Matilda's hat for half an hour. Pretty pathetic.
But there is some amount of reason for this. First, I was wanting to go to this weekend retreat at Naramata over the long weekend (May 18-21; the annual 'Imagine' weekend for LGBT persons) and figured I should wait until it was over to find a job, because I was lazy and didn't feel like telling an employer that I'd want time off after, you know, 3 days on the job or something, and I was also thinking that I'd like to get out to Regina before getting a job, which would mean probably sometime in the last week of May seeing as TUXIS was this last weekend (May 25-27). But then, there was no one that was able to give me a ride to Naramata, all flights were booked up save one that was over $400 (for an 'executive class' seat on a plane that didn't actually have any 'executive class' seats), and Geyhound went in strike the very day that I'd be travelling. So, needless to say that didn't work out. So then there was TUXIS, and now I'm thinking that Regina is fairly unlikely. But anyway, the point of that whole spiel is that I wanted to have certain things done before job-hunting, and now they are done but I'm thinking that maybe I want to volunteer for this last month instead of working. Because work sounds like death, and I'm not sure who'd like to hire me if I'm only available for a month, and, if possible I would like to get a bit more experience with kiddies before going out to Naramata. Yes.
As previously stated, I was at TUXIS this last weekend, and Nomad came with (yay Nomad!). 'Twas in Redcliff, a wee town just outside of Medicine Hat, and it wasn't the greatest conference but I still enjoyed myself. I got the year's first sunburn and people seemed to like our Devos programming. Not that the two are related in any way :).
My summer goal is to be able to fall forwards and land without dying, as I was taught to do in Gymnastics class when I was 6. I'm much bigger now and further from the ground, but I'm making fairly good progress. I can fall successfully from the "chair" position (you all know what I'm talking about. You know, standing up with knees bent at a 90 degree angle), and will hopefully be able to do so from a totally upright stance before I depart for Naramata.
I have that evil "Chariots of Fire" theme song stuck in my head because we just watched the movie. I detest that song.
So yeah, that's pretty much my life right now. I hope to make contact with y'alls sometime soon as I miss everyone and want to know how life is going for my dear pals. Anywhom, goodnight for now,
Ratty
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Dangit, I had great plans for phoning you folks and being all crappy 'I know where you have been' since me mere spoketh to you mere, blablabla, so I know these things. Nevertheless, I still have plans for phoning you, initially they would have been today since I would be FREE *craymanicalgrin* but unfortunately the lady who has my exam is tres skilled at the whole answer the phone when it rings/delete your voicemails when you have heard them so new people can leave messages thing so I havent been able to get a hold of her so I shall have to write it tomorrow (likely fairly early though so I shall still have day after, hoorah!) so yes *speil*
Also, I got a message from Mac on myspace, tis crazy, I was just wondering if he was on there last night but I couldnt remember his name. But yes, I am happy to know he is alive etc. (I have these paranoid fears you know...)
Now I shall stop, before I take over 20 pages of your comment space and get me butt back to some studying etc.
Hermit
*dies* I meant to say creepy, not crappy *finds insanely amusing*
Dont mind me, my brain is a tad fried...
Oh, also supposed to be *crazymanicalgrin*, my typing skills have degraded.
myspace=facebook
Ha, now that I have used up two comment spaces spieling and then translating my garbled english, I shall be done.
Dude, weekend retreats! And falling forwardness!
I think you should avoid having a job. Because job, while it does = money, also = no fun at all.
I shall call youse soon when I figure out my next days off.
I HATE WORK...except day camps...but WORK SUCKS
I like my work! And I get tonnes of free food! Grins all round! Hooray sleeping into noon, except for not because then I feel groggy and gross and disgusting all day. Hooray day trips indeed! I am having plots of shoofing self to Drumheller soonish, I rather wish to go see the Tyrell museum as I went when I was younger and not able to fully appreciate museums, but I still liked it. Hermit's comment(s) made me die. *spiely spiel*
Post a Comment