Monday, December 4, 2006

So apparently in Ratty's-blog-land it is always Sunday November 19

... I don't know how to feel about that. Does anyone know how to fix this wee problem?

So I have about a bazillion things to do at the moment, and if you were in my life you'd be surprised how close to the truth that statement is. Do you ever have it where your life just feels bland and meaningless, and just overall bad, all because of the tonnes of work that you have neglected that is finally hunting you down, and the mixture of guilt and hopelessness and lack of sleep that ensues? Well that's pretty much where I am right now. This is about the third bout of it that I've had this year. It tends to come for about a week-long period (ie: the weeks where everything is due and there are lots of tests), then disappears, allowing me to procrastinate in peace for another couple of weeks.

I am really, really looking forward to the Christmas break this year. You wouldn't even believe. Because then I will have NOTHING to do, and I'll finally be able to do the things that have been plaguing me forever but I never get around to because they aren't academic. Like cleaning my room. Speaking of which, the other day I realised that I have a pile of stuff from last christmas behind my hanging chair, and a pile of stuff from two christmasses (plural of christmas?) ago under the end of my bed. 'So what's your point, Ratty?' I hear you cry. My point is, dear fellows, that it has been almost two years since I've cleaned my room. It kind of makes me want to both chuckle and weep.

Did anyone else see Jack Layton on the news today with his little Freudian slip? For those who didn't, allow me to attempt a very rough re-enactment:

the setting: the House of Commons during question period. Jack Layton is posing a question to the Prime Minister about why it is that oil and gas companies should be given such huge subsidies while the government is apparently trying to pursue environmental policies

Jack Layton (approximate words from Ratty's brain): "Mr. Prime Minister, when do you plan to finally stop awarding subsidies to big oil and big ass...big gas"

It was awsome. And he enunciated the whole word perfectly and kept a straight face while correcting himself. I was impressed, I must say.

Okay, well, time to sleep. Nighty-night y'alls,

-double H

8 comments:

Ratty said...

whoa, psychadelic. It magically changed days and times. Maybe it's like 'Groundhog Day', only instead of having to seduce the girl to get out of the cycle, I only needed to mention it.

Redcard Sanchez said...

You know what? Your blog makes me laugh. And while that should be good it actually makes me kind of jealous. As in really jealous. I wish I could be so entertaining.

Wulf said...

Dude. although seduction is always good too. flirt with the computer, rat. flirt!
and nomad, the dreaded blog envy. i envy your blog so. and ratty's. and hermy's. and everyone else. why? because they make sense, and have entertaining anecdotes, all the while i am just going "my life sucks. well, anyway, OR my life is so boring. nevertheless...." you see?

Kesineeee said...

Um...I am envious of everyone else's blogs too. Mine is just boring...hahah...and throw up from my weird scrambled insane brain!!

Mouse

Hermit said...

Hehe well it sounds like we have a glorious jealous blogfamily here! How spiff.
So I am procrastinating right now, hooray for me. Ok, now off to write steenking paper!
Hermit

Kesineeee said...

AUUUGH, I am procrastinating studying for an exam that is TOMORROW. WHY AM I STUPID???????

Mouse

Ratty said...

I must ask myself the same question, kes, bu I've learned after years and years of the same pattern of procrastination...CRAM, procrastination...CRAM that I'm not likely to find an answer anytime soon.

Kesineeee said...

haha, yeah I guess...that is true. Ahhh, I have another exam on monday (but I have a family dinner tonight, and a family get-together in lethbridge tomorrow before that) and another on Wed...I am going to DIE. But THEN it is Christmas, and I can just...turn off the brain! I can hardly wait!