Look at this, two posts in two days! I know, I even surprise myself.
So, you know how my last post says '11:10 pm' or something like that (I can't see it at the moment)? Well, it lies. I actually wrote that at 1:20 in the morning, then proceeded to work until 2, then get up at 5 am. Good ol' Rat and her good ol' work habits. Some things never seem to change.
My back hurts. I know, isn't that incredible!? I just thought I'd let you know, because it actually says a lot about my life right now. My back hurts because of sitting on my bed full of textbooks and documents, working on my laptop in very limited space. The reason why this is my bodily position is because my desk is absolutely smothered in various items, as is my bureau, my hanging chair, the entire expanse of my floor except a narrow footpath from my door to my bed, and even my canopy. Actually from where I'm sitting, looking at the foot of my bed, it looks like there is a child of about 4 lying in the hammock-ish part of the canopy (you know, where the fabric kind of dips and rests over the foot board (or whatever you call the opposite if a headboard)), due to the amazing amount of stuff that I have placed in there for 'sorting later'. To tell you the truth, my room seems to be slowly creeping out the door as well. It's like an evil, living blob of doom that is slowly but surely going to take over the house. But the state of my room is actually a pretty good indicator of my life. It feels like there's this massive toxic cloud of things that need to be done, all of them urgent, all of them important, and my lack of dealing with them is hurting me. And this isn't just schoolwork, although various school things do make up a large portion of the smoggy mass. It also includes the infinitely more important and yet never making it to the top of the list-type things like communicating with my friends, especially the ones who have unanswered emails stagnating in my inbox, ones that I've ignored for weeks or even months. Or things like church committments that I've made, like preparing for Sunday School (which, by the way, has pretty much ended up being me scrambling to figure out the lesson 15 minutes before church starts each week). So there are all these things fluttering about, but my stupid ADD-brain cannot seem to slow them down enough to control them or deal with them in any effective manner. The cloud just continues to get thicker and thicker, ever so slowly descending, threatning to advance completely and choke me to death. The fact that finals are coming up in, oh, let's see...2 WEEKS is not helping matters at all, at all. Oh shoot, how am I going to do this!? *stress, sob*. Wowzahs, I kind of can't wait for this term to be over, so that I might have the chance of starting afresh, and yet at the same time I dread this term being over because it is the only thing I know right now and I fear change. And I'm loving my religious studies and film classes, which are utterly fascinating and I just want to keep learning about forever. But alas, next term has been chosen and neither subject is being repeated, so I shall have to learn to love sociology or anthropology or geography or introductory polisci.
Wow, emotional spillage and a half. Sorry, fellahs. This may have become my new journal, so beware of more melodrama :). Anyway, it magically has decided to become 10:22 (funny how time tends to do that), and I have to do at least one more thing before I go to bed so that that cloud doesn't choke me tonight. Toodles,
Ratty
P.S: if you're bored and/or procrastinating, may I present you with the best site ever: http://www.catsinsinks.com
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hooray! *pats Ratty on head* updating is good! I too am procrastinating, hehe, do I sense a trend here? Anyhow I am rather proud of myself for avoiding your link as of yet, dont you worry though, tomorrow will result in a visit I am almost positive because visiting a good site for procrastination is always far better than say, doing schoolwork/studying for a course thats exam I am going to fail in about three days! *grin*
Okay, well yes, off to bed am I.
1 Day!!! Actually, in one day and 2 hours, 15 minutes, I will be on my way to the airport to head HOME HOME HOME!!! Okay, finished that now, hehe
Hermit
HIya rat. you can join me in my web of despair. or i'll join you. whichever. i have so much to doooo toooooo. i don't know how this is supposed to be making you feel better, but you get to hear anyway. i have to carve a statue out of rock in less than two weeks (and how the HELLO does one carve rock? rock is HARD, man.) and i have a geography test this week, and also have to do loads of astronomy, some of which is overdue, and i have to figure out how i'm getting home, and i have to prepare for my in class english essay about a dumb poem. and technically pay attention in class, which is where i am, and not skip classes, which i am working on.
on the upside, sociology and geography are easy (here, anyway).
ratty! methinks you might just be too busy, not ADD. Ah well. Nonetheless, I offer my best piece of advice: Take a deep breath. Ouioui, helps lots, non? Aussi, must not spend too much time being super-stressed! Easier said than done though. But yes, I will see you, and all, in TWO DAAAAAYS!!! *is super excited*
Comment the Second:
Re: catsinsinks.com
What?
How entirely awesome.
And bizzare.
HI! YOU ARE ALIVE!!! YAAY! You must go on msn more, I say. And now I am off to the link you posted, to discover what sort of strange future awaits me.
Joelle
Aww Rat, I hope things are better now! I too am stressed like no other, and have a LOT of thinking to do about le future...AUGH. That daunting, terrifying, yet glorifying and fabulous place that is the future. I'll go on the link, then study some anatomy and biology. Ta ta ma cherie!
Mouse
Post a Comment